The Lear Educational Center will guide you and your child on a journey towards fulfilling your dreams. We encourage students of all ages to join in this journey.
The Lear Educational Center is dedicated to ensuring all students reach their full potential. When traditional school programs are not advancing a student, we turn to highly respected programs specifically designed for students with learning difficulties.
At the Lear Educational Center our Goal is to provide specialized training which will allow your child to achieve his or her goals on their own. We want each student to become a self-directed learner and be able to work independently.
Parents can do a lot to help their children and parents want to help, but teaching children to become self directed learners requires instructional approaches by well trained educators.
The Lear Educational Center offers to you and your children what you need to meet with success. We will work with you as a team to meet the challenges of your child’s educational difficulties and needs.
How do I know my child needs additional help to be successful?
Children do not get up in the morning wanting to be different than their friends or family. Children should be excited about learning and be able to move at their school’s grade level pace.
When your child does not show emergent skills every day, and every week, and little or no progress is evident within a marking period, it is an indication that there is a problem. The earlier you can determine what the problem is the faster you can get your child back on track. A prescription of “let’s wait and see” given over and over again will only set further set back your child’s success.
When your child’s progress is slow or not at all and you know they are unhappy and struggling, it is time to seek help from the professionals. Consider seeing us for a consultation to help guide you through the process changing your child’s life.
Benefits of attending the Lear Educational Center
- All instruction is one teacher to one student lending structure to each session.
- Your child is typically scheduled with the same teacher each session.
- All teachers are supervised by Ms. Lear.
- Teachers are assigned based on your child’s needs and our goal to match personalities for building student self-esteem and establishing a rapport.
- Our programs are individualized for each student given their testing needs, goals and objectives.
- The appropriate programs are chosen by Ms. Lear in a team effort with the LEC lead teacher and the parents.
- All program instruction is based on a multi-sensory approach.
- Your child receives direct instruction during the entire session with the exception of assessment periods.
- We will work as a team with your school, if requested.
- Our communication doors are always open and parents are welcome, and requested, to remain with their child during the initial sessions. Parents who understand their child strengths and weaknesses are empowered to help at home.
Teachers are highly trained
The Lear Educational Center demonstrates consistent results. Our teachers are highly educated and are trained by this center. Each teacher must learn our primary programs; spend observational hours with our staff and frequently conference with our lead teacher. Training may involve certification and or supervised practicum. Teachers must pass a program of examination prior to beginning any instruction with the Center’s students. Feedback is regularly collected from teachers and parents ensuring program goals are being met and any irregularities can be addressed immediately. It is with teacher dedication that our students experience success very early in their programs. Our program graduation rate is extremely high and individual program test, completion results are impressive.
Researched Based Programs
Our success is based on thousands of hours of program instruction by teachers who spend 16 to 30 hours a week teaching in the Lear Educational Center. Only researched programs, many of which are aligned with national educational standards, are selected for our students. Several of these programs have been specifically designed to enhance state testing scores.
Visit our web-site
Please visit more of our web-site and feel free to send us questions you may have about our programs. You can experience our sound reputation in the testimony of many pleased parents throughout the pages to follow. Please, enroll at the Lear Educational Center and “experience the difference”.