We offer in-office and phone consultations by appointment only. Please indicate at the time of your call if you are seeking advice about the needs of the “Gifted” child or advice for learning difficulties.
Consultations with experts help you to become a wise consumer. Consultations with Ms. Lear and our lead teacher at the Lear Educational Center can help to answer many of your educational questions. You may be just beginning your journey in identifying the difficulties your child has, and their cause, or you may be ready to discuss program options for identified learning difficulties.
What ever your questions we are here to help you find the answers. This may include seeing other professionals for evaluations to identify your child's specific needs. We can guide you through this process and make sure you are made aware of, and understand, your options. You may choose to have one of our many evaluations administered and choose to remain with us through the testing process and the educational services. Our ultimate goal is to make sure you receive the help you require to do the best for your child, even when this means referring you to another professional. Our referral options are broad and we will guide you through the process.
Often, we begin developing individual plans for a student and program sessions while further evaluations are being arranged. By the suggestion of Ms. Lear your school can complete additional evaluations, at your written request. We can help you make decisions about your child's school programs and how the school can best support your child, ensuring improvement. Remember, your child is entitled to receive a “free and appropriate education under the law.” If your child is not learning with their current programming perhaps it is time to look at changing their programs or the delivery of their programs. We can help you with “Individual Educational Plans” (IEP) in the areas of Learning Disabilities, or, the “Gifted” curriculum. We can also assist you in choosing accommodations for a “504 Plan.” Remember that not all students learn in the same way.
Consultations can be arranged in the following way:
- Call the Lear Educational Center at 610-252-0965.
- Speak with our lead teacher.
- Choose the type of consultation you would like; phone, or, in office. Please ask about our payment options.
- Schedule an appointment with Ms. Lear. Appointments are scheduled as quickly as possible. Please be aware during certain times of the year there may be a several week wait time.
- You must make available, prior to the office visit or phone call, any recent testing to be discussed. This is for your benefit to make the best use of your consultation time.
- At the time of your call we will be happy to answer any of your questions about our center, or programming.
- Visit our Testimonial pages to read about students, parents, teachers and their experiences.