Lear Educational Center Policy
The office and educational policies are established to help you receive the best services possible. Please feel free to ask your instructor or our lead teacher questions about are policies at any time.
There continues to be no enrollment or pre-admission fees (as seen in other centers).
There is an intake/consultation fee when the parents meet with Ms. Lear or the Lear Educational lead teacher about program selection.
- Payment for instruction is by the month. The monthly fee is due at or prior to the first session of that month.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to arrange to make up sessions. Credit will not be carried over to subsequent sessions. We will try our best to reschedule with your regular teacher. Please remember that all our instructors are highly trained teachers with specializations. We do offer Saturday morning hours, on a limited basis, for your convenience.
- Refunds are only available for students who relocate or experience extended illnesses.
- Checks should be made out to Patricia J. Lear.
- There is a $35.00 handling fee for all checks returned for insufficient funds.
Out of respect for everyone in our waiting room we request you keep your voices at a low tone at all times. Cell phones should be on silent and cell phone conversations conducted in the hall.
The Lear Educational Center’s lead teacher will be happy to work with you to provide a schedule that meets with your needs and your program. It is important that we match the correct teacher with your child to maximize all instruction time to ensure not only academic excellence, but build self-esteem and self-confidence.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with the services of your teacher, please request to speak personally with Ms. Lear. It is our goal to provide you with the best personalized service possible.
Many of our children proudly participate in after school activities and need to have their schedules changed on occasion. We will work with you as closely as possible to accommodate your new schedule. Please be aware that there may be times when changes will not be possible due to the program your child is in or your time parameters. Schedule changes may require a change in a teacher.
Please note that it is requested that a parent or guardian remain with the student during their instructional session. A parent who is well informed about their child’s instruction will be better prepared to facilitate homework after a session. Once a parent understands their child’s program they may choose to remain in the waiting room. We do ask that you do not leave the Center during your child’s session. If you do need to leave at any time please advise your child’s teacher.
With an open door policy we invite parents and guardians to sit in on their child’s instruction at any time at the Lear Educational Center.
- Ms. Lear or the Lear Educational Center’s lead teacher will assign clients according to their needs and the specialties, required to ensure their individualized program will be developed and introduced effectively.
- The Lear Educational Center reserves the right to reassign a client to a different teacher. Each client’s ability and growth in their program will be thoroughly assessed prior to any move.
- Moves are made to ensure students are generalizing new skills and/or are moved to a teacher with a specific expertise that will be an asset to the student.
- Moves may also be made by client request only if the move does not conflict with the goals and program outcomes of the student.
- We request that at least one parent sit in with the student through the beginning of each program.
- Teachers will request to see parents at the end of each session.
I am very proud of all of my teachers who demonstrate their compassion with endless energy to provide the best instruction available to our students. It is this commitment that has led the Lear Educational Center to experience tremendous success with our students. By following our policies you will ensure that this center will remain open throughout the coming years to provide needed services to many students and their families.
You are requested to call your teacher directly to cancel a session. If this is not possible, call the Lear Educational Center – the phone number is 610-252-0965.
A teacher’s time has been set aside for your sessions on a given day and time. Notice of cancellations must be given 24 hours in advance or you will be charged for the time missed. If you have a weekend appointment you need to call your teacher by 4:00 PM on Friday.
Missed sessions should be made up in the same week so as to not interrupt the continuity of your selected program. It is consistent instruction and practice that will assist your child in mastering their lessons and complete their program in the discussed time parameters.
To avoid missed appointment charges, remember that we are open even when your school may be closed. If the Lear Educational Center is closed due to inclement weather, your teacher will contact you directly.